Sunday, September 21, 2014

Till We A'int Strangers Anymore




"Please give a hand for our guitarist and my dear friend, Richie Sambora," Jon said before he backed away from the microphone.
Jon walked off the stage and to where the equipment was, which is where I was standing. Richie walked up to the mic and began talking.
"thanks brotha, how you all doin tonight?"
The small crowd screamed. Unlike most of their shows, this was a small private event. Since there was such a small crowd, we were all allowed to interact with the band.
I stared at Richie in amazement.
"haha if you will, please welcome to the stage Miss Lorenza Ponce,"
The crowd applauded and Lorenza walked onto the stage with her violin in hand. She walked over to Richie and they hugged.



 As Lorenza began to speak into the microphone I turned to Jon and began to speak to him.
"you did great Jon,"
He smiled at me.
"Thank you, are you finally gonna talk to Sambora tonight?" he asked.
I was already a friend of the band's but never met Richie. I avoided him at all times, he didn't really know that I existed. I tried to keep it that way, for the sake of both of us. I swallowed hard and looked over to Richie. If only he knew.
"I dunno," I said.
He didnt say anything and the music began to play. Richie and Lorenza did a duet of Till We A'int Strangers Anymore from their Lost Highway album. I began to cry as Richie sung. When it was Lorenza's turn to sing, Richie looked at me. He smiled, winked and pointed to me. When it was time for him to go back to the mic, he looked away and I hid behind a tree that was there for decoration. Jon laughed.
"Whats the matter?" he asked.
I didn't say anything, and fell to my knees crying. I looked back at Richie, knowing he couldn't see me and he was looking for me.
When the song was over I dried my tears and went on the stage, David had taken a break during Till We A'int Strangers Anymore and he was walking to his keyboards. I jumped between them and him.
"I'll be the keyboardist," I said with a smile.
He smiled and continued walking up to me.
"you know I'm joking," I said.
"yeah, I know you are," he said giggling as he gave me a hug.
I didn't want to let go. He was so loveable, like a big brother. Over his shoulder I saw Richie talking to Jon. A photographer took a picture of David hugging me and we let go of each other. Dave got pretty upset. I walked back off of the stage and the band did a few more songs. After their finale Richie found me backstage talking to Tico, Jon and Dave.
"hey," he said.
I put my head down and began to walk away.
"dont go," he said as he grabbed a hold of my arm.
I stopped and looked him in the eyes.
"please," he said.
He motioned for the guys to walk away and they did. It was just Richie and I standing there.
"Jon told me who you are and everything so... you dont have to tell me your name. Just, how come you avoid me?" he asked.
I said nothing and refused to look at him. Suddenly he pulled me against him and I looked at him. When I looked at him, he crashed his lips to mine. It was so passionate. I put my hands on his chest and he stopped. We looked each other in the eyes.
"its okay, don't be afraid," he said.
I smiled and tears filled my eyes. We kissed again. Afterwards he hugged me and kissed me on the forehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment